I’ve been thinking a lot about all the people, places and unique aspects of my life in Maryland. This area is dear to me for so many reasons, a little list of what I will miss the most follows.
- All the amazing and FREE Museums in DC just a short metro ride away.
- The beautiful autumn colors in the trees along with brisk cool weather alternating with Indian Summer.
- My parents, best friends and new friends made over the past 6 years.
- Being a short train ride (or drive) away from NYC and my brother.
- The Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival.
- Blue crabs!!!
- Cultural diversity, I look around at my neighborhood, people in their cars, in the grocery stores etc and love all the differences.
- Rolling hills leading to the Shenandoah and Appalachian mountains.
- Fantastic food like my favorite vegetarian Indian restaurant, Madras Palace,( just 5 min’s from my house), Addies, Clydes and Benjarong to name a few.
- Living History all around.
- The National Cherry Blossom Festival.
- The Master Gardener program. I’ve met and been inspired to learn so much more about gardening from this talented group.
- Some great Yoga and Nia instructors and fellow class mates! I’ve grown, stretched and danced my way to better fitness.
Oh, I’m sure there is more but these are some of the things I’ve been really trying to soak in over the past weeks as we prepare to leave. There is one thing here I will not miss, the increasingly horrible traffic!
I’ll miss you Maryland but I’ll be back!