Here is something fun to inspire you for the beginning of the week. This came to me by way of CMG‘s weekly newsletter on color inspiration and the colors used here are incredibly inspirational and unexpected in some cases. I find so much more than the colors here inspiring though. The level of talent and the amazing applications of this graffiti or street art in Brazil is so inspirational. These artists probably don’t have formal art educations or training but they have managed to express themselves in an authentic way and have made names (even if their identities are not truly known) for themselves. I love that graffiti is showing up on so many surfaces (cars, 3-d sculptures on the street and in museums). I have always been a fan of graffiti because it is just a little bit mis-understood and socially unacceptable.
Check out some of the related articles below also, there is a lot of talk about this medium of self expression.
- When Graffiti Comes Alive! (15 pieces) (mymodernmet.com)
- BlizzCon 2010: Of booths and graffiti (wow.joystiq.com)
- Special Report: Contemporary Art: Graffiti Art Earns New Respect in Moscow (nytimes.com)
- Educational Graffiti – The MOCA ‘Art in the Streets’ Exhibition Will Draw a New Crowd (GALLERY) (trendhunter.com)
- Graffiti plus paperwork equals art (news.theage.com.au)
- Amazing Street Art by Ukrainian Banksy (planetoddity.com)
- Let your inner graffiti artist out (inquisitr.com)